Sunday, November 18, 2007

French Revolution

During the French Revolution, I rose in the ranks of both the government and the military. I was the commandant-general of the National Guard and Vice President of the Chamber of Deputies. Before the Revolution, I worked to establish a constitutional monarchy. I tried to prevent revolution from the monarchy but the troops I lead to turn on the Parisian Mob disobeyed my orders. Then, I was viewed as a traitor and I fled the country only to be arrested in Austria and imprisoned for about four years. After my release, I worked towards the removal of Napoleon Bonaparte from power. In the Revolution, I focused on dethroning Bourbon Kings. I was a member of the French Carbonari which helped in organizing an overthrow of Bourbon kings and I later supported the establishment of Louis-Phillipe as constitutional monarch fully believing he would support the principles I had been strongly fighting for. I began losing popularity with the French people once again and resigned as commandment-general in 1830. I later realized that Louis-Phillipe I was insincere in his beliefs that I thought were similar to my own. Instead of being executed like I was supposed to be, I died in May of 1834 of pneumonia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Truth made you a traitor as it often does in a time of scoundrels. See the link below for more info.

#traitor
www.ufgop.org