Monday, October 22, 2007

About Me

My name is Marie-Joseph-Paul-Yves-Roch-Gilbert du Motier. However, I prefer to be called simply, Marquis de Lafayette. I was born on 7 Septembre 1757 at Chateau de Chavaniac in France. My father died while fighting in the Seven Years War when I was about two years old. However, I do not remember a lot about that. My mother and grandfather died when I was twelve years old, leaving a rather large fortune. It was in my blood to fight for what I believed in; I followed many generations of soldiers. Therefore, I enrolled in the military academy at Versailles. I became a military captain at the age of sixteen, the same year I married Marie Adrienne Francoise de Noailles (She's related to the king) and, I became a military captain when I was sixteen. I played a leading role in the period leading up to the French Revolution. I supported the removal of Bourbon kings and the establishment of a republic in France.

No comments: